April 17 Energy Efficiency Workshop for Local Governments
Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG)
1290 Broadway, Denver, Independence Pass Conference Room, Main Floor
Wednesday, April 17
8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Over the last three years, DRCOG and the Metro Mayors Caucus have hosted a series of workshops on energy efficiency for local government officials. The goal was to provide information to local officials about saving energy in internal operations, and providing opportunities for residents and businesses within their jurisdictions to implement energy savings as well.
These workshops have covered topics from financing tools, solar gardens, energy codes and other regulatory approaches, to net-zero energy buildings and neighborhoods. This series ends with a final seminar on Wednesday, April 17.
This final seminar will focus on three main topics: economic benefits of energy efficiency strategies, public/private partnership opportunities for local government and utilities, and successful strategies for local government sustainability efforts.
A very strong line-up of speakers is on board for this event including:
- Former Governor Bill Ritter- Director, Center for the New Energy Economy, CSU
- Tom Clark- CEO, Metro Denver Economic Development Corporation
- Dr. Howard Geller- Executive Director, Southwest Energy Efficiency Project
- Rob Osborn- Director, Government and Community Relations, XCEL
- Dave Newport- Director, Environmental Center, CU Boulder
- Bruce Hendee- Chief Sustainability Officer, City of Fort Collins
- Adrienne Dorsey- Sustainability Coordinator, Adams County
- Karen Hancock – Environmental Programs Supervisor, City of Aurora
Register for this workshop at: http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?llr=vx7m85dab&v=001iPF_ovG5vaol-j0iRyFT7ASLG3iWhFtyi4GirHSB6c26vtGz8i8TvYfRA7dE7xUYiMCY66YLGvMGntw_f_RVBMkGKZnYuqELLSF2D67mhCJQFLf-lTRMMpeD1FNKRRKcFzxEHfdbFptxLPd3dvZlhncU8Dp8aQ480MStls1qHrC7GaZ8szAg8C6UYGpC56wlD-T6t4SgqHvssrTAdpL-Vg%3D%3D
Please join us to close out this very successful series on Energy Efficiency for Local Governments. AICP Credits will be offered for attendees. Box lunches will be provided. Please contact Suzi Walker email@example.com or 303-480-6730 with special dietary requests.
The Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) and Metro Mayors Caucus co-host this workshop with funding from the U.S. Department of Energy’s BetterBuildings program