There are a number of ways you can get involved and bring the Greenprint concepts into your own home or business.
Learn more about how you can lower your energy bills, get rebates for your energy-efficient purchases, and have a positive impact on the health of our local environment.
- Participate in the Denver Energy Challenge to reduce energy use in your home or business by 15% or more by July 2013.
- Enjoy the benefits of bicycling and choose it or walking over driving — replacing just one car trip a week makes a difference.
- Get tips from Xcel Energy on how to save energy and money, learn about residential time-of-day pricing, order energy-efficient bulbs, explore energy calculators and other educational resources, and find money-saving rebates and incentives.
- Use a carbon calculator to discover ways you can prevent carbon dioxide from being released into the atmosphere, and find out how much money you can save.
- Take the Energy Star® Change a Light Pledge and replace at least one regular light bulb in your home or office with a compact fluorescent bulb.
- If you aren’t already a Denver Recycles customer, sign up online for free residential recycling service.
- Learn more about the green future and environmentally friendly practices by exploring a variety of books and magazines at the Denver Public Library.
- Find a Built Green® home, LEED®-certified builder, or Energy Star® builder.
- Plant a tree!